Saturday, February 27, 2016

All About Henry- 1 year!


You guys, I have a one year old. How did this happen?

But seriously.

Henry is transitioning from babyhood to toddlerhood and I have very mixed feelings about this. He is very independent and has quite the personality. He is very good at listening.... but is terrible at following directions. I hear you Mom, but I have to disagree. Toilet paper IS for playing with.

His favorite game right now is turning everything into a walker of some sort. So, walking while pushing something, whether it be a chair or his huge dump truck or a cardboard box. You get the point. However, his aim isn't very good. So he goes straight until he runs into something (which is like every 5 feet in our tiny apartment) and then he cries because he's frustrated that the wall won't get out of his way.

He loves playing with his cars. He has little hotwheels, medium size cars, and a huge dumptruck; he loves them all. He pushes them around and hands them to me constantly to drive up and down my arms and legs. Sometimes we set up slides and watch them zip down. He is so stinking cute.

His favorite place in the whole apartment is standing by the big window in the living room. He literally stands there 80% of the day. Just looking out at the road/ into the sky/ at the trees. I don't know what he looks at, but he just gazes off for hours each day. No joke. He also really likes to repeatedly tap/HIT the window with whatever object is in his hand (car, wooden puzzle pieces, lego blocks, etc.). You could say, we're just a little excited for the weather to be warm enough to actually go outside and play. Not just dream of such days :)

He LOVES to give me and Cam kisses! Every morning, we each get bombarded with dozens of kisses. They may be super slobbery and snotty, but they are the best.

He has also gotten really good at waving to people, which his fans adore. He makes all sorts of friends wherever we go- the grocery store, Cold Stone, you name it, he has made a friend there. He gives a HUGE smile to just about anyone who looks at him. I'm so happy he's a social baby. It makes life in public pretty easy.

He has been really big into pointing recently. Within the last couple weeks he has learned to point, so now he points at everything. He points to his/your nose whenever we say, "Where's your nose?" And he also points to his nose when we ask for any other body part. The other day I was reading a book to him and one of the lines was "I like my eyes, my ears, my nose" and as we're reading, Henry puts his finger to his nose right when I said it :) He's learning!!

He's a bit behind in his language development, so I get really excited when I can tell he understands what I'm saying. Just today, I pointed across the room and said, "Henry, there's your bink bink; go get it!" and he promptly started crawling to it and put it in his mouth! Just because he isn't saying words doesn't mean he can't understand my words.

The day before his birthday he said "mama" for the first time. I'm not sure if he knows what he is saying, but it's a start! He teased Cameron with Dada one time, but hasn't said it since. Sad day.

1 year old means that the end is near for breastfeeding!!! I thought I would be really sad about it, but I'm starting to get really excited for it. What I am nervous for is the transition to cow's milk.. With all our dairy issues, I'm not looking forward to it at all. The hope is that he has grown out of it and that his stomach is mature enough to handle it now... I'll be the judge of that.

Now for some pictures:
I can't figure out how to flip this-- 13 months











Happy Birthday bug!

No comments:

Post a Comment