Let me just start this off by saying I wrote a super long post summarizing our last 6 months and then Blogger deleted the whole thing. So I'm pretty mad about it... That's all.
Happy Half-Birthday Henry!!
I can't believe this guy is a year and a half old. Before I know it he's going to be 2. Where has the time gone??
Since I haven't updated for so long, I will try to include the major highlights/milestones from the last 6 months.
Henry started walking around 13 months, so he's a pro now. He is getting really fast and is almost able to run. He is really big into climbing. Anything really. He climbs onto any chair/couch/bench- you name it, he can climb it. He especially likes climbing over mom and dad. He likes to perch himself on ourthroats chests and be king of mom/dad mountain.
We weaned from breastfeeding around 15 months. Long story short, we cut out one feeding a day until we were only nursing morning and night. We cut out night time and for a month or so we only nursed right when he woke up in the morning. Morning nursing was very optional for a few weeks and then one day I realized I hadn't nursed in at least 2 weeks and that nursing was officially over! Henry probably would have been fine going cold turkey, but I was the one who dragged it out. But I'm happy I did and also happy it's over.
On a normal day, Henry sleeps from 7pm-9am and takes a 2 hour nap around noon. He is such a good sleeper; I have no complaints. He occasionally wakes up at night to get a drink of water, but then he goes right back to sleep. He really is such a good sleeper. He didn't start sleeping through the night until around 14 months or so, but now it's heavenly.
We went to Utah for two and a half weeks in July and Henry slept for maybe 2 of the 17 nights. We're never traveling again. But really though, we had a good time. We spent a few nights in my mom's new house in St. George, a few nights in Sandy with my grandparents, a week in Orem with Cam's grandparents and a few days in Park City at a time share. Cam joined us midway through, so I didn't totally lose my mind, but I got close.
Henry has never co-slept in his life, but on this trip, he would wake up at midnight in his packnplay and just scream forever until I brought him into bed with me. It was hard on everyone. My theory is that the pack n play was too uncomfortable/hard/small. But who knows. When we finally got home, we were nervous how he would transition back into his crib, but then he immediately got his very first ear infection, which was really bad. He still stayed in his crib, but it was a rough couple weeks back. We have been home a month now and things are back to normal and he gained a few new molars along the way.
Henry is seriously the happiest little guy I know. He is constantly giggling and smiling. He is almost always trying to play games with you, usually peekaboo or some sort of hiding game. One of his new words is "Boo!" and he uses it quite frequently.
The last few weeks, Henry has gone from mute to like 10 words (if you can call them words). Here they are: Weee (for slide), Bow Wow (barking like a dog), Whoa, Ma (mom), Boo, Bye, Hi, Neigh, OO-EE (like a monkey), Moo, Night. oh and I can't forget his constant RAWR.
Okay so most of them are animal sounds, but they are so stinking adorable. He has been obsessed with his stuffed animals recently. He's had most of them his whole life and he's never noticed them and now they're all he plays with. From elephant to Nemo to giraffe. He loves all of them.
So earlier this year, we bought him a baby doll, which has loved from the start. Back 6 months ago, he would just give her kisses incessantly until her face was dripping wet with his slobber. But now, I find him holding her up to his shoulder and patting her back. He also loves to put his baby to bed. He finds a pillow, lays her on top, and then finds a blanket to drape over her. He then goes and finds a book for her to read. Sometimes he gets a little carried away and puts all the pillows and blankets on top of her and smothers her big time. I try to show him that she needs to breathe, but he's not quite there yet... Hahah
Alright well that's all I can think of to add right now. Enjoy a few pictures! (I didn't take any pictures during our Utah trip, so if we saw you and you took some, could you please email me?! Thanks!)
From Cam's phone-
Happy 18 months H!
We love you!
Happy Half-Birthday Henry!!
I can't believe this guy is a year and a half old. Before I know it he's going to be 2. Where has the time gone??
Since I haven't updated for so long, I will try to include the major highlights/milestones from the last 6 months.
Henry started walking around 13 months, so he's a pro now. He is getting really fast and is almost able to run. He is really big into climbing. Anything really. He climbs onto any chair/couch/bench- you name it, he can climb it. He especially likes climbing over mom and dad. He likes to perch himself on our
We weaned from breastfeeding around 15 months. Long story short, we cut out one feeding a day until we were only nursing morning and night. We cut out night time and for a month or so we only nursed right when he woke up in the morning. Morning nursing was very optional for a few weeks and then one day I realized I hadn't nursed in at least 2 weeks and that nursing was officially over! Henry probably would have been fine going cold turkey, but I was the one who dragged it out. But I'm happy I did and also happy it's over.
On a normal day, Henry sleeps from 7pm-9am and takes a 2 hour nap around noon. He is such a good sleeper; I have no complaints. He occasionally wakes up at night to get a drink of water, but then he goes right back to sleep. He really is such a good sleeper. He didn't start sleeping through the night until around 14 months or so, but now it's heavenly.
We went to Utah for two and a half weeks in July and Henry slept for maybe 2 of the 17 nights. We're never traveling again. But really though, we had a good time. We spent a few nights in my mom's new house in St. George, a few nights in Sandy with my grandparents, a week in Orem with Cam's grandparents and a few days in Park City at a time share. Cam joined us midway through, so I didn't totally lose my mind, but I got close.
Henry has never co-slept in his life, but on this trip, he would wake up at midnight in his packnplay and just scream forever until I brought him into bed with me. It was hard on everyone. My theory is that the pack n play was too uncomfortable/hard/small. But who knows. When we finally got home, we were nervous how he would transition back into his crib, but then he immediately got his very first ear infection, which was really bad. He still stayed in his crib, but it was a rough couple weeks back. We have been home a month now and things are back to normal and he gained a few new molars along the way.
Henry is seriously the happiest little guy I know. He is constantly giggling and smiling. He is almost always trying to play games with you, usually peekaboo or some sort of hiding game. One of his new words is "Boo!" and he uses it quite frequently.
The last few weeks, Henry has gone from mute to like 10 words (if you can call them words). Here they are: Weee (for slide), Bow Wow (barking like a dog), Whoa, Ma (mom), Boo, Bye, Hi, Neigh, OO-EE (like a monkey), Moo, Night. oh and I can't forget his constant RAWR.
Okay so most of them are animal sounds, but they are so stinking adorable. He has been obsessed with his stuffed animals recently. He's had most of them his whole life and he's never noticed them and now they're all he plays with. From elephant to Nemo to giraffe. He loves all of them.
So earlier this year, we bought him a baby doll, which has loved from the start. Back 6 months ago, he would just give her kisses incessantly until her face was dripping wet with his slobber. But now, I find him holding her up to his shoulder and patting her back. He also loves to put his baby to bed. He finds a pillow, lays her on top, and then finds a blanket to drape over her. He then goes and finds a book for her to read. Sometimes he gets a little carried away and puts all the pillows and blankets on top of her and smothers her big time. I try to show him that she needs to breathe, but he's not quite there yet... Hahah
Alright well that's all I can think of to add right now. Enjoy a few pictures! (I didn't take any pictures during our Utah trip, so if we saw you and you took some, could you please email me?! Thanks!)
![]() |
| 18 months! |
![]() |
| 1st movie- The Good Dinosaur |
Happy 18 months H!
We love you!



























No comments:
Post a Comment