HAPPY 11 MONTHS, HENRY!!!
Henry has become so active this month! He crawls all over the place and is very, very fast. He is very quick to get into anything and everything in his reach and has no problem destroying whatever he is touching.
Our apartment is far from baby-proof and we are constantly working on improving that, but Henry seems to be developing faster than we are adapting. The only safe places are: his crib, his jumperoo, his bumbo (with the tray attached or else he crawls out of that, too), and his carseat. Unless he is strapped in somewhere, he is on the move.
His favorite activity is pulling things out. This applies to anything. He loves to just sit and pull out every single item from his diaper bag. Or stand by the kitchen cabinet and pull out every single tupperware container and lid. Or simply sit by his toy shelves and pull every single toy off/out. Sometimes he actually plays with his toys, but I think he more enjoys just pulling his toys out than anything else. Oh and he also loves to pull out every article of clothing he owns from the laundry basket or his drawers. Basically, our home is disaster zone at all times now.
He has been really into waving things really fast and then letting go randomly AKA throwing things. This is not my favorite game. Especially at the grocery store when I'm the one fetching his sippy or binky or toy. It's already hard enough trying not to lose binkies, but when he is the one throwing them across the room... Not cool.
The past couple weeks, Henry has learned how to play peekaboo with his hands. It is probably the cutest thing I have ever seen. He doesn't totally understand the concept of covering his eyes, as he usually only covers up one or neither eye and his hands are just on top of his head, but it is the BEST. He does it over and over again and just giggles up a storm. He thinks he is the bee's knees.
He also waved for the first time (at Dad of course) and has done it once or twice since (still only for Dad... it's fine. It's no secret who's the favorite around here). And he has also starting clapping! It's like, within 3 days he figured out that his hands can do things other than feed himself.
His sleeping is going a lot better. He typically sleeps from 7pm-8am and we are transitioning from 2 naps to 1 nap during the day. He still wakes up about once at night and I nurse him, but there were 2 nights this past week where he slept through the entire night and didn't wake to eat at all!! (But then he woke up in the 7s...) But I'll take what I can get!
I'm still breastfeeding and I'm counting down the days.... I just really miss wearing normal bras every day. Almost there!
Lastly, Henry is just such a joy to be around. He can make anyone smile and he smiles at everyone around him. He is such a little charmer and makes friends easily. We are so happy to have him in our family and we are so sad to think that in less than a month he turns 1 year old. I can't bear to think about how big he is.
Now, here are some pictures of our sweet boy:
-Anna
Henry has become so active this month! He crawls all over the place and is very, very fast. He is very quick to get into anything and everything in his reach and has no problem destroying whatever he is touching.
Our apartment is far from baby-proof and we are constantly working on improving that, but Henry seems to be developing faster than we are adapting. The only safe places are: his crib, his jumperoo, his bumbo (with the tray attached or else he crawls out of that, too), and his carseat. Unless he is strapped in somewhere, he is on the move.
His favorite activity is pulling things out. This applies to anything. He loves to just sit and pull out every single item from his diaper bag. Or stand by the kitchen cabinet and pull out every single tupperware container and lid. Or simply sit by his toy shelves and pull every single toy off/out. Sometimes he actually plays with his toys, but I think he more enjoys just pulling his toys out than anything else. Oh and he also loves to pull out every article of clothing he owns from the laundry basket or his drawers. Basically, our home is disaster zone at all times now.
He has been really into waving things really fast and then letting go randomly AKA throwing things. This is not my favorite game. Especially at the grocery store when I'm the one fetching his sippy or binky or toy. It's already hard enough trying not to lose binkies, but when he is the one throwing them across the room... Not cool.
The past couple weeks, Henry has learned how to play peekaboo with his hands. It is probably the cutest thing I have ever seen. He doesn't totally understand the concept of covering his eyes, as he usually only covers up one or neither eye and his hands are just on top of his head, but it is the BEST. He does it over and over again and just giggles up a storm. He thinks he is the bee's knees.
He also waved for the first time (at Dad of course) and has done it once or twice since (still only for Dad... it's fine. It's no secret who's the favorite around here). And he has also starting clapping! It's like, within 3 days he figured out that his hands can do things other than feed himself.
His sleeping is going a lot better. He typically sleeps from 7pm-8am and we are transitioning from 2 naps to 1 nap during the day. He still wakes up about once at night and I nurse him, but there were 2 nights this past week where he slept through the entire night and didn't wake to eat at all!! (But then he woke up in the 7s...) But I'll take what I can get!
I'm still breastfeeding and I'm counting down the days.... I just really miss wearing normal bras every day. Almost there!
Lastly, Henry is just such a joy to be around. He can make anyone smile and he smiles at everyone around him. He is such a little charmer and makes friends easily. We are so happy to have him in our family and we are so sad to think that in less than a month he turns 1 year old. I can't bear to think about how big he is.
Now, here are some pictures of our sweet boy:
![]() |
| Where I usually find him, inside the cabinet playing with baby food and tupperware |
![]() |
| Morning snuggles |
![]() |
| His hat kills me! |
![]() |
| He's really good at selfies |
![]() |
| I swear the hat adds on like 3 years |
![]() |
| New favorite food: yogurt! |
![]() |
| He could stare out the window all day long. He completely zones out and is startled if you speak |
![]() |
| pop, lock & drop it |
![]() |
| Such a deep thinker |
![]() |
| Happy 11 months, big guy! |














No comments:
Post a Comment