Now that that's out the way, let me try to give ya'll a brief recap of the major events in the past 6 months!
And just to give you a heads up, I base our big events on the pictures that I upload and I rarely take pictures... so yeah.
The biggest event: our 1 year anniversary!!! We made it through the infamous HARDEST YEAR OF MARRIAGE! Ha. It wasn't that bad ;) Marriage is a lot of fun. We have our ups and we certainly have our downs, but anything that is worth significance is something that you have to work for. Marriage is wonderful, but it is work. You get what you put into it. Pretty simple really (don't mistake simple for easy).
A week before our anniversary, we had the opportunity to attend a friend's wedding in California and visit Disneyland for a day. I had never been to California before, nor had I been to Disneyland, so it was very exciting. Plus, Cam DJed the wedding reception, so the trip was basically paid for.
| I'm so glad that the camera focused on the castle and not the happy couple :) |
| We especially loved Radiator Spring |
| I LOVE this picture. |
A couple weeks after our anniversary, my brother got married!! We made the 12+ hour to Portand, OR on a Friday, the wedding was on Saturday, and then we drove back Sunday morning. We wish we could have stayed longer, but it was worth it for the ceremony. They were sealed for time and all eternity in the Portland LDS temple. If you want to know more about temples and why we consider them so sacred, visit here or ask me any questions you might have. I didn't take many pictures with my personal camera, so here is the best one I had:
| All the siblings! |
For the 4th of July, we felt like we needed to redeem our record, so we watched the Stadium of Fire fireworks and then we bought some of our own aerials and had a party on our street. The highlight of the night was right after I gave Cam a lecture on being careful with the fireworks and making him feel guilty, somehow I let a firework go off while it was still in my hand. My fingertip hurt SO BAD and yet was numb at the same time. Really weird. Don't play with fire, kids!! :)
In August, I graduated with my Psychology degree! My mom was in town and Cam's grandparents came to the ceremony, too. I made invitations and they are still sitting on our desk... Sorry!
The day after graduation, we flew to West Palm Beach, Florida for a week at the beach! Cam's parents had a week timeshare and invited us to hang out with them for the week. We were able to have a much needed vacation of sleeping in, laying out, reading in the pool, riding waves in the warm Atlantic ocean, and eating really good food. It was nice to finally be able to hang out with his parents for an extended amount of time so I was able to get to know them a lot better. We had such a fun time with his parents and look forward to future vacations with them!
So we were going to get professional pictures taken down by the beach, but as soon as we stepped onto the sand it started to sprinkle and the lady wouldn't do it. We tried to wait out the crazy storm, but became impatient, so Cam's mom ventured into the rain with us and snapped up this gem real quick. She's the best.
| Like Cam's beard? He does! |
So there you have it! Hope you enjoyed our blog.
Until next time,
Anna
I LOVE the beach picture of you two!
ReplyDelete