We haven't posted in awhile, and for that I apologize... but half-heartedly because I am in Romania and I keep up with a blog for my internship. (Which, if you're interested, can be found at myromanianinternship.wordpress.com) And Cameron is very busy working full time, while traveling to interview for Graduate Schools, and finishing planning for our big day! Well, let me rephrase that. I plan out what I want and Cameron makes it happen. I'm better at ideas and he's better at logistics, so it works out perfectly!
Cameron has been accepted into BYU's MFT graduate program!!!! We are very excited that his first interview went well and that we already have one acceptance. We still have 3 more schools to interview at and hear back from and then we will have to make a decision! Woo big decisions that come along with marriage! (Do you like all the "we's in that paragraph? I can't wait to be a WE!)
The wedding plans are coming together quite nicely (at least as far as I can tell from thousands and thousands of miles away...) We are working on flowers/bridesmaid outfits/groomsmen outfits currently. And probably lots of other things that I don't know about, which is great, too! Spring clothes are finally out and going on sale! This makes shopping a lot easier than November/December when everything was dark winter colors.
Cameron says the Honeymoon is all planned out and he's getting everything booked away. I'm excited to finally see what he's been planning for forever! I'm sure it will be a blast, especially since it will be with the most fun husband ever! I know we are going to Orlando, FL which will include the beach and Universal Studios, but that's all I know! I'm super stoked.
Which, while we're on the subject... We are selling 2 one-week long time-shares the same time we are staying in Orlando. Check out the details here: http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/vac/2770855774.html. No, we would not be making this a double-date-like vacation... it is our honeymoon. We will see you when you check in on Saturday and when you check out. So, no worries about that :) And please, if you know of anyone who might be interested, pass along the information to them. That would help a lot! Thank you :)
On a different topic....
I (vicariously through my mother) bought Cameron's wedding band!!! My mother and I visited SO many jewelry stores during Christmas break... It was a bit ridiculous. I would venture to say we went to maybe 15 different jewelry places (and that doesn't include our 2-3 multiple visits to several of the stores) ... to name a few: ShaneCo, Fred Meyer Jewelers, Morgan Jewelers, Sierra West, Zales, Wilson Diamonds, Losie Diamonds, and the list goes on... We didn't end up going with any of these stores. What had happened was.. We were on the lookout for a particular jewelry store (I don't remember which one) and we pulled off to the side of the road because we were lost and couldn't find it. Coincidentally, we had pulled into a different jewelry store parking lot. What the random? Where did this store come from? It's worth a shot! So we went in and found an "estate ring" that we loved! Long story later.... we bought it! Yeah! It still needs some work, so it's not completely ready, yet. But when it's finished, it will look so FINE! I'm excited! Now the question is.... Do I let him see it before the wedding day or do I wait?
Pros for letting him see it:
- He can decide what kind of finish he would like best
- He can wear it for our Formals that we're getting done the Monday before the wedding
- Wedding day surprise is somewhat ruined? But not really since he didn't help pick it out and it would only be 2 weeks prior to wedding day... And this is my only con. But since I am horrible with surprises I was thinking this would be ONE thing I could surprise him with..... Suggestions?!
We decided that we are celebrating OUR Valentine's Day when I get back. He says that it's already planned out, as well. He's really great at making sure I always feel important and that I am his #1 priority. It's fantastic :)
If you're wondering how we are handling long distance that is 8 time zones apart... let's just say it's been an adventure. And it makes us appreciate email and skype. I also look forward to the day that we are finally together again! And then we will never have to be apart from each other :)
![]() |
| This would be my desktop background. He's keeping my ring safe and sound :) |
PS 2 months and 13 days until the wedding! Less than two months until I come home! Bittersweet indeed. So many things to look forward to!!
PPS Please leave comments on the wedding ring surprise dilemma... :) Thanks!
-Anna Brown-

keep it as a surprise
ReplyDelete