Thursday, November 5, 2015

Henry- 8 Months

I know I say this every month, but seriously? Where has the time gone?!!

At 8 months, Henry:

He has successfully transitioned out of his swaddle for naps and nighttime. I still wrap the blanket around his torso to give him some warmth, but both arms are free as can be (except for the socks I put on his hand so he doesn't scratch his face up when he rubs his eyes).

He can officially roll over!! The first time (I think it was 10/21/15 but can't remember exactly) we thought was a fluke because my ipad was nearby, which gave him extra motivation to roll. But then, that very night, he decided he was a rolling machine and I was in and out of bed all. night. long. He would roll onto his tummy, wake up, and cry. Over and over again. I'm so glad he can roll over! Except not really. And this has basically been every night since then.

He has become very good at sitting by himself and playing with his toys. He doesn't tip over very much and when he does, he is very good at pulling his arms out and is content on his tummy.

Everything goes into his mouth. I mean everything. And he usually doesn't bring said-object to his face, he bring his face to said-object. Which is hilarious.

His favorite toys right now are his books. I realized the other week that in order to instill a love for books in him, he needs more time with his books. So I pulled a few out and he is just enthralled with them! He especially enjoys chewing on all the corners and leaving cute little tooth marks. I can usually find him with small pieces of dissolved book covers on the corners on his lips.

He continues to love his purple teething hand and also his 4 balls on ropes. As for non-toy objects he likes, he LOVES remotes, his monitor, my keys, my wallet, and definitely my phone. Part of me wants to get a smart phone, but the other part of me knows that Henry will destroy it within 24 hours.

Henry got his very first tooth this month! I first started to feel it on 10/7/15. It took about a week before we could see it and now, it is as sharp as ever!

Henry is a big fan of solid foods. I'm trying to think if we've introduced anything new in the last month.. We've just started squash, peaches, beef, bananas, and prunes. He continues to love peas, green beans, pears, apples, sweet potatoes, The only thing he really does not like is the pureed chicken or ham.

I have started reintroducing dairy into my diet. I'm trying to add dairy to one meal a day, increasing in quantity. And man, have I missed that stuff. It's hard to say whether being dairy-free did anything at all because when I starting having cheese again, he also starting teething and transitioning out of the swaddle. So he hasn't been the best sleeper recently, but there are a plethora of reasons why that could be the case. So pass the queso!!

As for breastfeeding, I usually feed him 4 times a day. Once after he wakes up in the morning, once around lunchtime, and once right before bed. And I usually feed him once in the middle of the night. He gets solid food about twice a day ish. I need to start increasing it (it's really just laziness on my part. Nursing is so much faster!!).

Now for some pictures! (I still haven't figured out how to upload videos. Once I do, let the flood gates open).

From my device:
10.8.15 
10.12.15

10.16.15 Aggieville Trick or Treat
Last minute M&M costume 
Trying to escape the photo shoot
8 months old!
10.27.15
From Cam's phone:


10.31.15 poor nap day at the pumpkin patch
yummy dead corn




This Never Happens
Dashing young man 10.25.15
10.24.15 Weenie Roast 
10.18.15 pictures at church
10.9.15 Squinty eyes :)
tasting the pretty flower
10.7.15 Dress up at Target
10.4.15 Sunday walks
-Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment