Friday, May 1, 2015

Henry 2 Months

At two months old,

Henry is 99th percentile for height (25 1/4 in), 97th percentile for head circumference, and 80th percentile for weight (13 lbs 11 oz). Needless to say, he is still a very big boy.

As we were watching the NFL Draft last night, Cam asked me, "So, what are we going to do if he wants to play football?" Oh boy, here we go...! Well, I said, we can push him to play basketball, volleyball, soccer, track, tennis, gymnastics, dance, etc. etc. There are plenty of sports to play besides football. Plenty of sports that don't have as high of statistics in concussions and other traumatic brain injuries. 

The discussion ended with, Let's just cross that bridge when it comes and just PRAY and HOPE that football is not his thing.

But anyway... At two months old,

Henry can roll over from his tummy to back in one direction (started at 7 weeks).

While on his tummy, he holds his head up the whole time and only puts it down when he gets too tired and is done with tummy time. 

He has started smiling at us! He is most smiley right after he has been fed and changed and is still laying on the changing table.

He likes to coo and gah at us and make all sorts of fun sounds with his mouth.

He LOVES the quilt my new step-sister, Heather, quilted for him. He will stare at it and talk to it forever until he falls asleep. 

His personality is starting to come out through his cooing and babbling. He is becoming quite the charmer with the ladies! He is a very social baby and will let anybody and everybody hold him. 

I've started picking up shifts again with the Boys & Girls Club, so Cameron gets to take him to work sometimes and Henry has been very accommodating. 

The past few weeks we have been working on putting him on a schedule and I think it's going well. In a nutshell, he goes to bed at 8pm and gets up between 7-9am, with one feeding usually around 3am. It doesn't always go according to plan, but generally speaking, we stick to it. 

Oh, I almost forgot to mention... 2 month immunization shots. But first, let's back up to his 1 month (Hep B) shot. It. Was. Traumatic. For me. For some reason, it didn't cross my mind that a shot would phase Henry. Up until his 1 month appt, he hadn't really cried, at all. Except for his very first moments in this world, he had not cried. So when they shoved that huge needle into his tiny leg and he started screaming, I almost lost it. It came out of nowhere! I was completely caught off guard and didn't know what to do with this tiny, screaming baby. Luckily, Cameron was there and calmed both of us down. But then I was anxious for the next month, anticipating his 2 month shots. The night before, I barely got a wink of sleep because of how nervous I was. Plus, Cameron had work and couldn't go to the appt with us. What was I going to do? I had heard all sorts of things, Nurse him during the shots, Nurse him after shots, Give him tylenol before, Give him tylenol right after, Take off work for a few days since he will be fussy, etc. So what did I do? Nothing. I just marched in there, met with the doctor and had the normal appointment and I'm going to toot my own horn and say that I was a champ. I held his little arms while he got a shot in each leg and I was able to soothe him very quickly. He cried for 5, maybe 10 seconds. And it wasn't bloody murder scream, but just a normal cry. He was fussy for a couple days, but nothing we couldn't handle. And that was that. I felt very proud of myself. And Henry, of course, but mostly me. 

And now for some pictures:

1st Bumbo experience...


Too Much General Conference for Henry
Cam and I discovered slow-mo

4.6.15
Bath time with Daddy 4.11.15
Have I mentioned he has a mullet? This picture doesn't do it justice.
4.7.15
4.10.15- 6 weeks old

Baby Talk


4.17.15- 7 weeks old- Rolling Over

4.18.15 

4.20.15
4.27.15- 2 months
Baby smiles are hard to capture
Henry Dirk
That about sums it up! Henry is such a blessing in our lives and we couldn't be happier. We look forward to introducing him to all our friends and family in the coming months. Which if you live in Utah, we're coming for a visit in August! We are going to try to see as many friends and family as possible. Please, please message me if you want to get together :)

-Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment