Saturday, April 11, 2015

Henry 1 Month

At one month old, Henry is one big boy!

He is in the 97th percentile in height (23 inches), 97th percentile in Head Circumference, and 74th percentile in weight (10 lb 12 oz). Can you believe that?!

NINETY-SEVENTH percentile!!! I don't know where these tall genes are coming from, but it certainly isn't us. We can however pin down his big head as coming from his father... :) No wonder he couldn't fit through the birth canal!

At One Month Old-
Henry likes to stare at bold, contrasting colors.

He can track things with his eyes, although no conscious eye contact yet.

He looks towards sounds, like our voices.

He has smiled towards us a few times, but again, it's not conscious yet.

He has rolled over from his tummy to his back a few times, although not on purpose. (Twice in a row when he was like a week old. A couple more times when he was 3 weeks old.)

In regard to tummy time, sometimes he loves it and other times he hates it. He will definitely let you know if he is in the mood or not.

He is consistently gaining about 2 ounces a day (Which is a lot).

Since day 1, he has been eating about every 3-4 hours, usually closer to 4 hours. And at night, he will usually have one 6 hour stretch and another 5 hour stretch. Sometimes more (7-8 hours) and other times less (every 3 hours).

He loves bath time with Dad, as long as he doesn't get cold.

He has peed all over the nursery so far. (Hasn't happened in a couple weeks- knock on wood!)

He is awake 6-8 hours a day, which includes eating, playing, sleeping, repeat.

He puts himself to sleep, swaddled in his crib. I lay him down when he has tired eyes, or I know it's about nap time, and he just lays there calmly until he falls asleep. Sometimes I have to put his pacifier back in his mouth a few times, but that's about it.

He is basically a perfect baby. He doesn't really cry, only when he is starving, cold, or in pain (gas or a limb gets accidentally smushed in a weird position). He sleeps well, eats well, and 99% of the time is perfectly content. He doesn't require much work, really at all. We could not have asked for a more docile and calm baby.

He is kind, smart, very strong, loving, and such a joy to be around. This motherhood thing is much easier than I anticipated. (Don't worry- I know it won't last forever). I expected to be up every 2 hours with a screaming baby, who wouldn't fall back asleep and would just cry lots. And then I was blessed with this sweet angel who loves sleep as much as I do.

Here is an overload of pictures for you!

Leaving the Hospital
Going Home Outfit

First time in his crib

At 4 days old, newborn hats were too small for his huge head...

First Play Date at 5 days old

5 days old

Henry and I's first outing- 5 days old

6 days old

Baby poo!

1st Bath at home
1 week
Hangin' out with Dad
Hey look, he's smashing his face in spit up! Let's take a pic instead of cleaning him up. 
2 weeks

Blessing Day at church 3.15.15


Don't know why this is so grainy, but here's the fam!
Grandma

Aunt Holly

Uncle Eric

Papa

3.17.15 Olive Garden- I love his little fingers holding on to the table

St. Patrick's Day- He likes to wiggle for pictures

just hanging out with mom and dad




3.20.15 Hanging out with Dad

Daddy time

3am pee on mom time
"This is what handsome looks like" -1 Month

Henry doesn't like looking at the camera. Thanks Dad!

Happy 1 Month, Henry! We love you lots!

-Mom and Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment