Thursday, September 25, 2014

2014 Summer Adventures

So I haven't done a real blog post in about a year and I am not about to just go through and catch ya'll up on a whole year. So I'll just give you a recap of our most recent Summer adventures.

We went the the Festival of Colors with our best friends, Amanda and Ed. I don't take my camera anywhere, so a lot of these pictures are stolen from Amanda :) (Thanks!)
March 2014
We started the summer off by camping on the red rock in Moab, Utah. Let's just say, I don't recommend trying to find a camping spot at 11pm in an area where none of you have ever been. We ended up having to phone a friend who happened to know of a secret (not really, but it was to us) spot that was free and available! We set up camp and spent the rest of the weekend cooking delicious meals over the fire and hiking to all the arches. It was a really great weekend with some really great friends. 
April 2014
A few weeks later, Cameron and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary! We spent the weekend at a nice hotel in Salt Lake City, where we ate out at delicious restaurants and spent some much needed one-on-one time with each other without distractions like work/school/church callings/etc. We tried to soak it all in, knowing that it might be our last anniversary together without having kids. 

May 4, 2014
Oh I forgot to mention that Cameron re-lived our honeymoon by watching hours upon hours of the NBA playoffs. It's becoming a part of the yearly tradition. Oh it's our anniversary? That means the playoffs will be on! The TV in our hotel room kept cutting in and out and Cam was NOT having that, so we called customer service and they brought us a new TV. I didn't know they could do that, but Cam and I were very grateful. What would we do without our precious ESPN? 

In June, my entire immediate family came to town (including all siblings + spouses + kids), which has never happened before. We spent a week in Park City where we did a lot of eating and playing games. It was a lot of fun to see all the cousins playing together and to be able to be with all the sibs. On that Friday, June 20, 2014, my mom married Bob at the Lion House in SLC. The wedding was beautiful and it was such a happy day for the couple! We love Bob's kids (who are basically the same age as all of my siblings and I) and we had a great time celebrating this happy day with them. 
June 20, 2014
Park City June 2014
Family Hike - Park City - June 2014
Cousin bath time
It was also during that week in Park City that Cameron and I found out that I was pregnant! I was "late" and my sister pushed me insisted that we go buy a pregnancy test. So we headed out to good ole Walmart and picked up a test. We hurried home and I immediately took it. I expected it to be negative because I'm realistic pessimistic and didn't want to get my hopes up. But to my complete disbelief, it had 2 very solid lines, which meant that I was actually pregnant. I stared at it which my mouth gaping open for a solid 5+ minutes, which is a long time when just staring at something. I shut my mouth and went to find Cameron. When he saw the test, he was ecstatic and jumping for joy! We embraced and prayed to God in gratitude for the miraculous blessing He sent us. 

We would normally have waited until at least 8 weeks to tell my family, but since they were all there, we figured we would save ourselves a lot of phone calls and just announce it at Park City. My brother in law took a video for us and when I find it, I'll put it on here. 

I don't know about any of you guys, but for me, the whole experience of telling people in the coming weeks was weird because I was in denial, myself. Cam would be like, "Okay, you can tell them this time" and I would be like "No! I feel like I'm lying to them because I don't actually believe it. I feel weird telling people we're pregnant because we're NOT in my head. I can't be excited about something that's not true or real." Needless to say, Cameron was the one to tell the rest of our friends and family that we were pregnant as I sat awkwardly next to him, not looking excited at all. 

It wasn't real until I heard the heartbeat on August 15, 2014, my 13 week appointment. That's when I finally caught up to Cameron and started to believe that something was actually growing inside of me. He never doubted for a second, but it took me awhile to catch up. Now, here we are, 19 weeks on 9/26/2014. Almost half way done!! Part of me still doesn't quite believe it. But I think that's going to change soon once I start feeling him/her kick and my tummy starts to protrude out. 

Anyways, back to Summer! 

For the 4th of July, we went on a beach trip to California with Amanda and Ed. We rented a cute beach house and spent many hours in the sun, soaking in the rays. We ate at yummy restaurants, saw AMAZING fireworks in San Diego, got ridiculously sunburned, and had a fun time relaxing, just how summer is supposed to be. 
July 2014 - Carlsbad Beach
July 2014
Best Beach Buds
7 weeks pregnant
The rest of the summer we spent hanging out with friends and family and doing various activities around Provo before we moved. Moving is the worst, by the way. Besides having to pack up all the junk you have accumulated and trying to figure out how to pack a million breakable things you didn't know you had, you then have to completely uproot from your solid friends, steady job, amazing family, and simply start over. But more on that later... This blog post is completely too long. I'm sorry, but not really since I more or less wrote this as a journal for myself, not you. Hopefully you at least enjoyed the pictures!

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment