Monday, October 15, 2012

5 Months! by Anna

It's crazy to think that we have been married for over 5 months now! We are having an awesome time. We highly recommend marriage :)

We have been ignoring our blog for a while because of how BUSY we are. But we like being busy, so it's a good thing :)

Here's some of the fun things we have been up to:

Cameron:
  • 1st year Masters student in Marriage and Family Therapy at BYU (which is in the Top 5 MFT programs in the nation- at least)
    • which entails 100s of pages of reading each week
    • Observing therapy many hours a week
    • 3 hour long classes
    • intense projects and presentations
    • very high expectations
  • Assistantship
    • As part of his program, Cam is currently working on an article regarding power and relational aggression in relationships and relational pornography use.
  • Gospel Doctrine teacher for Sunday School in our Family ward
    • He has yet to teach so we'll see how it turns out.....
  • Husband
  • He likes his orange beard. A lot. I let him grow it out for about a week before he headed back to the Y. Sadly it left when school started.

    • Because of my poor cooking abilities/efforts, Cam makes most, if not all, of his meals, as well as mine :)
    • Cameron is not the typical male who is super gross and doesn't pick up after himself. He is quite tidy and always put his things away. 
    • Cameron buys me flowers on occasion "just because" :)
    • He drops me off at school on the days that I don't want to walk.
    • He makes sure I am being taken care of
    • He takes out the trash and does all the dishes frequently
    • EVERYTHING else that husbands do, he does. And he does them with 100% effort. He's fantastic!
  • Sports Fan
    • Cam is an avid BYU football fan and is very good at making time to watch the Cougs and the root them on despite their struggles this year.
    • We're die hard. 
  • Father
    • HA just kidding. You thought we might be pregnant for a second, didn't you...? ;) We're not. 
As for myself:
First day of school! Yippee!
  • Senior studying towards a BS of Psychology at BYU
    • with plans on earning a degree in MSW (Masters of Social Work)
    • VP of BYU Psych Association
  • Working at the Journey
    • teenage treatment center for moderate substance abusers
  • 1st Counselor in the Relief Society
    • weekly meeetings, contacting people, smiling at everyone, ya know, the usual
  • Wife
    • I don't do nearly as many things for Cameron as he does for me....
    • But I do dishes and clean the stove :)
    • I also like sweeping. I'm not sure why, but I really like having clean floors. You wouldn't be able to tell at our apartment right now... but it's true. 
    • I've made Cameron lunches for school (maybe about twice)
    • haha this is pretty sad. He's way better at serving me. 
The reason I give you this list is to illustrate how busy our lives are... but we still make time to do fun things!
Fun things:
  • BYU football games
  • Birthday Zombie Attacks
  • DJ gigs
  • The new TV series: Revolution (Mondays at 9pm MST on NBC) We recommend it.
  • DairyQueen BOGO
  • Hangtime with Luke and Rachel
  • LDS General Conference
  • Mental Health Awareness Conference 
  • We're going to a Haunted House soon!!!
  • We love going out to eat to- Chipotle, El Gallo Girro, Smith's Chinese place, Del Taco, Dominoes, anything bad for you, really
  • We go to family reunions, birthday parties, graduation parties, etc. 
  • Anything, as long as we're together :)
I don't really know what this blog is supposed to be. I feel like this was a boring post which almost seems like a resume of Cam and I. I'm sorry. Just for the record, despite our heavy involvement in all of these activities we have yet to find a good balance. Many of times we find ourselves sneaking off to McDonald's for ice cream or watching Netflix when we should be sleeping or doing homework. We are not perfect.

Anyways, whenever I think of this blog, I think "My life is the same every single week. Who wants to read about homework, school, and work? No one" So now you know why we don't post so often. What I really need to do is just funny little clips about the weird and awkward things that happen to us in every day life.

Like this one time I was walking to school and the sidewalk was ambushed by sprinklers and there was no way to go around, so I just had to walk through the sprinklers. And I soon as I step out of the downpour, they immediately turn off. I laughed at myself for the rest of the walk to school. Maybe you had to be there :) 

To make this post less boring, here are some recent pictures! 

toe socks

The one thing I actually make: banana bread!

Moosehorn for my dad

Right before school started, we drove up to Moosehorn and went camping for our first time! It was a really great time. I put a few highlights up here and the rest will be on fb shortly. 

Moosehorn lake :)

the camp chef

Delicious tinfoil dinners! Chicken breast, potatoes, green peppers, red peppers, onions, cream of mushroom, and delicious. Cam made them, of course

What's camping without s'mores?!

Oh, we really like to make homemade pizza. It's a fun and tasty date night :)

I had a war with this can of chickpeas. He won. We have now purchased a new can opener.

Our future plans consist of: haunted house (Nightmare on 13th), work halloween party, ward halloween party, Cameron's 25th BIRTHDAY is on Halloween!!!! Oh and we're going on a Cruise for New Years! Thanks, Mom!!! 

Oh, and my mom's going to India in January. She rocks. 

I hope you enjoyed our blog :)

Love, 
The Browns :)

1 comment: