Wednesday, November 2, 2011

October Update! by Anna

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I have been waiting for Cameron to make a post about his perspective on our dating story (because he thinks my recap was biased... which it absolutely is NOT. :)), but he's been super busy as of late, so we'll move on.

This past month has flown right on by! We have been so busy with school that we don't even realize that time is passing. A few notable events took place in October, all of which fell on the same weekend: Family Symposium, Haunted Forrest, Cameron's BIRTHDAY!

The Family Symposium was really great and I am so glad that Cameron invited me to go! The speakers spoke about marriage and families (imagine that) and it was very uplifting. We heard from very well known speakers within the Family Studies and they were fantastic! I am so lucky to be marrying someone who is going into Marriage and Family Therapy, who cares so deeply for the (what should be) foundation of this society. So grateful.

That night we went to our first married people's party! It was fun; although I will say it was kinda different to have children wondering around the apartment haha. I'm going to have to get used to that... We then met up with Luke and Josie and went to the Haunted Forrest in Spanish Fork! It was WAY fun. I get scared oober easily (and scream quite loudly), so I'm pretty sure Luke and Josie were about to strangle me by the end of the night, but we had a great time :) Cameron may have peed his pants a little during the night, but we made it out alive. This was my first real haunted house experience, and I was quite impressed. And don't worry- Cameron has already researched it out and there are haunted houses in the city we will be at next year.


[there is a super tall screamer person behind us, but the nice man who took our picture must not have noticed... oh well! you get the picture]

After lots of fright, fear, and fun from the weekend (did you like that alliteration?), on Monday was HALLOWEEN aka Cameron's Birthday!! He hit the BIG 2-4! I picked Cameron up from work at 9pm and we ate Sweet and Sour Chicken that I made (with the help of my roommate, Amber) and then watched Secret Window which was super creepy. He opened up all his presents from his family, of which he all loved! So thank you very much! and I haven't given him  his present yet because it's a secret.... I'll make a post on that once he knows :)

That was just one weekend, folks! Holy cow.
But I have to run now!

Thanks for reading!

PS My flights to and from Romania are officially bought!!!!!!! I'm actually going to Romania. Crazy. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment